Foundations Stockport Funding Officer can help local community groups access a range of funding from many different organisations.
For more information please get in touch on:
How we can help:
- Setting up your group – We can give you examples of constitutions, safeguarding policies and other important documents
- Searching for funding – We can help you with detailed funding searches for the area you are interested in
- Writing your first funding bid – We can give you lots of advice and examples of what a good funding application should look like
- “Critical Friend” – We can help you by reading over and commenting on your funding bids before you submit them as a “Critical Friend”
- Signposting you to other groups, potential partners and sources of advice and other resources
What this means:
Since April 2012 to date Stockport Homes has helped groups to attract £3.7 million of grants and £3.8 million of match funding into Stockport, based on over 670 bids made to funders.
In 2021/22 groups made 48 bids which generated £543,182 of grant with a success rate of 70%.
Before you bid:
You will need a few things in place before you can bid for funding:
- A group of people with ideas on things they want to improve in their neighbourhood (funders tend to fund groups rather than individuals
- A bank account in the name of the group with two signatories who cannot be related blood or common law
- A constitution or other set of written rules of your group – this must include a “dissolution clause”
- At least three people who will play the roles chair, treasurer and secretary
Some funds available locally:
If you met the requirements set out in “before you bid” above, you could have a look at the following funders. There are many more out there. Get in touch for more advice and help: