The Furniture Recycling Project collects and recycles furniture and electrical white goods in good working condition. These items are donated to families or residents in need. They may lack the basic items that make their property a home.
Furniture is collected from empty properties and through donations from people across the borough.
Foundations Stockport really appreciate all your donations . Your donation helps people in need make their house a home.
Please use our checklist below before submitting donations using the form below.
What we will collect:
- Sofas, suites and armchairs complete with 1988 Fire Safety Label
- Tables and Chairs
- Bed frames and bedroom furniture
- Wardrobes and chest of drawers
- Working Washing Machines and Tumble Dryers
- Working Fridges and Freezers (Under 10 years old)
- Some small electrical goods
What we won’t collect:
- Incomplete items e.g. Sofas that do not have all the cushions.
- Used Bedding (pillows and duvets etc.)
- Soft furnishings that DO NOT have the appropriate Fire Label attached
- Large pieces of furniture such as Dressers, Sideboards and Pianos.
In order for people to access the Furniture Recycling Project a customer MUST be referred in to the service by a professional, for instance a neighbourhood housing officer, social worker or housing support officer. You cannot self-refer into this project.
We are always looking for new volunteers to help out, if this is something that you are interested in please complete the form below.
Please note the driver reserves the right to refuse collection.
For any other information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 218 1091